加载中...
推荐位 推荐位

中译英专利译文被要求宣誓并去大使馆公证??!

发布时间:2017.08.07 北京市查看:5293 评论:12

如题,近期做了几个中译英的专利翻译案子,客户是国外的,被客户要求签署宣誓书,并去美国大使馆进行公正,说是客户要为USPTO提供认证翻译用的,问题是宣誓书的正文啊,如下“I hereby certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the following is a true, correct, and accurate translation of XXX from Chinese to English.” 艾玛,要求在美国法律规定的伪证罪下宣誓译文是真实、正确、准确的,还要去美国大使馆公证签字过程,听起来就觉得责任很大的样子啊, 问题是签了之后是要承担法律义务的吧?会不会很严重?伪证罪是什么鬼!大家有谁经历过这样的要求吗?

分享

收藏

点赞

举报

评论列表

• 第1楼
    还被老板逼着签字,问题是真心不敢签啊。。。

2017/08/07 13:53 [来自北京市]

0 举报
  • 第2楼
    经常在“I hereby certify  that the following is a true, correct, and accurate translation of XXX from Chinese to English.”签字啊

没听说去大使馆公证呀,为什么要公证呀,快来教教我
    还有,under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America 这段一定要有吗,为什么啊?

2017/08/07 14:26 [来自北京市]

0 举报
  • 第3楼
    siceng 发表于 2017-8-7 14:26
    经常在“I hereby certify  that the following is a true, correct, and accurate translation of XXX fro ...

宣誓书内容是客户发来的,我们只有签字的权利,你那个没有在美国伪证罪下宣誓还好些吧,而且不用公证

2017/08/07 15:04 [来自北京市]

0 举报
  • 第4楼
    CERTIFICATION
    I, ***, hereby certify that I am the translator of the officially certified copy of the Chiniese Priority Application No. ***  filed in China on the September 27, 2013 and certify that the said patent is a true and correct translation of the Chinese  version to the best of my knowledge and belief .

By:    ____________
                                                    Date:   2016/11/10_

2017/08/07 15:16 [来自北京市]

0 举报
  • 第5楼
    landoudou 发表于 2017-8-7 15:04
    宣誓书内容是客户发来的,我们只有签字的权利,你那个没有在美国伪证罪下宣誓还好些吧,而且不用公证 ...

我猜你所经历的是:公证认证程序,在公证处公证,在大使馆认证。

翻译中翻英文件和公证认证程序怎么结合,你经历一次就清楚了,记得回帖记录在这。

2017/08/07 15:17 [来自北京市]

0 举报
  • 第6楼
    本帖最后由 siceng 于 2017-8-7 15:31 编辑

602-Oaths and Declarations

www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/mpep/s602.html
    37 CFR 1.68  Declaration in lieu of oath.
    Any document to be filed in the Patent and Trademark Office and which is required by any law, rule, or other regulation to be under oath may be subscribed to by a written declaration. Such declaration may be used in lieu of the oath otherwise required, if, and only if, the declarant is on the same document, warned that willful false statements and the like are punishable by fine or imprisonment, or both (18 U.S.C. 1001) and may jeopardize the validity of the application or any patent issuing thereon. The declarant must set forth in the body of the declaration that all statements made of the declarant's own knowledge are true and that all statements made on information and belief are believed to be true.

18 U.S.C. 1001          Statements or entries generally.
    Whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of any department or agency of the United States knowingly and willfully falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact, or makes any false, fictitious or fraudulent statements or representations, or makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any false, fictitious or fraudulent statement or entry, shall be fined not more than $10,000 or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

By statute, 35 U.S.C. 25, the Director has been empowered to prescribe instances when a written declaration may be accepted in lieu of the oath for “any document to be filed in the Patent and Trademark Office.” A declaration may be submitted in lieu of an oath in any document filed in the Office provided the declaration complies with the requirements of 37 CFR 1.68. A 37 CFR 1.68 declaration need not be ribboned to the other papers, even if signed in a country foreign to the United States. However, because it is an integral part of the application, it must be maintained together therewith. When a declaration is used, it is unnecessary to appear before any official in connection with the making of the declaration.
    The filing of a written declaration is acceptable in lieu of an original application oath that is informal.
    Office personnel are authorized to accept a statutory declaration under 28 U.S.C. 1746 filed in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in lieu of an “oath” or declaration under 35 U.S.C. 25 and 37 CFR 1.68, provided the statutory declaration otherwise complies with the requirements of law.
    Section 1746 of Title 28 of the United States Code provides:
    Whenever, under any law of the United States or under any rule, regulation, order, or requirement made pursuant to law, any matter is required or permitted to be supported, evidenced, established, or proved by the sworn declaration, verification, certificate, statement, oath or affidavit, in writing of the person making the same (other than a deposition, or an oath of office, or an oath required to be taken before a specified official other than notary public), such matter may, with like force and effect, be supported, evidenced, established, or proved by the unsworn declaration, certificate, verification, or statement, in writing of such person which is subscribed by him, as true under penalty of perjury, and dated, in substantially the following form:
    [1] If executed without the United States:
    “I declare (or certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on (date).
    (Signature).”
    [2] If executed within the United States its territories, possessions, or commonwealths:
    “I declare (or certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on (date).
    (Signature).”

https://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/mpep/s602.html

2017/08/07 15:30 [来自北京市]

0 举报

快速回复